It’s here. The Crazy Good Christmas Menu. No need to worry what you’ll cook for Christmas. We’ve got tongue-teasing combinations, festive and full of bold flavours.
The Dessert: Coconut Panna Cotta With Persimmon
I’ve always wanted to make a healthy version of the classic Italian panna cotta. This recipe is that and so much more. I’ve put my favourite persimmon fruit (also known as kaki) on top, which blends so well with the creamy coconut and vanilla on the bottom. A keeper!
- 1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- 1.5 tsp of agar agar (= a vegan gelatin substitute)
- 2 tbsp of natural sweetener of choice (maple syrup or honey)
- 1 ripe persimmon*
- In a small glass, mix the agar agar with a little bit of water into a paste. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour half of the coconut milk into a saucepan and gently heat over medium heat. Stir in the vanilla and the agar agar until it has dissolved. Reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk into the saucepan with the syrup or honey.
- Remove from the heat and pour into small bowls. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Scrape the soft persimmon fruit from its peel and mash with a fork. Add the persimmon to your bowls of panna cotta and serve.
There are more Christmas recipes where that came from! You can have a look at another delicious Christmas dessert: the Wild Berry Chocolate Cake. And you are going to love the rich flavours of my Punchy Pistachio Butternut Roast as a main. It’s a winner!
Did you make this Coconut Panna Cotta? Please share your creations on Insta or Twitter with me with the #CrazyGoodChristmas hashtag! Can’t wait to see your smiling faces. Happy Holidays!