It’s here. The Crazy Good Christmas Menu. No need to worry what you’ll cook for Christmas. We’ve got tongue-teasing combinations, festive and full of bold flavours.
The Starter: Tom Kha Gai Soup
Here’s a winner for you, and it’s only the beginning ;) This easy-to-make Tom Kha Gai soup won’t just warm your tummy, but your heart as well. Nothing but healthy goodness in this one!
The best part?
1. Completely sugar free / gluten free / dairy free / plant-based
2. AND prepped in such a way, that she becomes super versatile.
Just add any fish, poultry or shrimp to your guests’ liking! You can simply put the optional ingredients on the table in some pretty bowls so everyone can choose what they’d like to add to their dish!
But between you and me, this soup’s just as awesome and zesty without the extras.
Refreshing, delicious and healthy, Tom Gha Kai is full of zest and flavour. And its red, white and green blend in well at the Christmas table!
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- 2 cans (800ml) of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 4 cm of fresh ginger root (peeled and grated)
- 2 red chili peppers finely chopped (seeds removed)
- 2 hands of sliced mushrooms
- 4 stalks of spring onion (cut in rings)
- 1 sweet pointed pepper (cut in rings)
- handful of fresh cilantro (= coriander)
- 3 limes
- optional: 300 g of organic chicken (cut in small pieces), white fish, or shrimps
- In a large pot, bring 800 ml of vegetable stock to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stir and put the lid on the pot.
- Press on the lemongrass stalks with the flat side of a big knife to release its flavours, cut into 10 cm pieces and add to the pot.
- Add red chili pepper and grated ginger and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- *Add the mushrooms, spring onion, and sweet pointed pepper and with the lid on, let it simmer for 8 minutes.
- Serve in big bowls with chopped cilantro and sprinkle lime juice on top.
There are more Christmas recipes where that came from! Try the Christmassy Punchy Pistachio Butternut Roast as a main, and our delicious Christmas desserts such as the Wild Berry Chocolate Cake or the Coconut Panna Cotta With Persimmon.
Are you also looking forward to the beautiful days spent with your loved ones? What will you cook?
As always, if you want, you can help your fellow Christmas cookers with tips & ideas in the comment section below.
And please share your creations with the #CrazyGoodChristmas hashtag on Insta or Twitter :) I can’t wait to see how you go! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!