Vegan Hot Chocolate
This is my go-to plant-powered vegan hot chocolate. An indulgent sensation and healthy meal in one! Ooh this smooth cuppa cocoa will keep you warm on cold winter evenings. Surprise your guests after a crispy winter walk with this goodie in front of the fireplace or next to the Christmas tree. That pinch of cinnamon is a happy tickle on the taste-buds: foodgasm guaranteed. Bring it on winter!
- 250 ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp natural sweetener of choice (maple syrup or finely chopped medjool date / banana piece)
- pinch of sea salt
- small can of coconut milk for 50 g of coconut cream
- 1 tsp of ground vanilla
- Heat almond milk on low in a small saucepan.
- Add cacao, cinnamon, half of your sweetener and salt and blend well.
- Take off the heat when steam starts to form.
- Scrape 50 g of coconut cream from the top of the can coconut milk, leaving the coconut water at the bottom. In a bowl whip the coconut cream together with the other half of your chosen sweetener and the vanilla.
- Serve the hot chocolate topped with your whipped cream in your favourite mug and sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
Enjoying this vegan hot chocolate at your fireplace? Please do share your creations on Insta or Twitter using the #CrazyGoodChristmas hashtag! I’d love to see your happy face.