3 Healthy Snacks by Personal Trainer Cora Mol
Every now and then, even the healthiest heroes want to indulge in some delicious snacks. Personal Trainer Cora Mol gives us a peek in her mouth-watering pile of healthy recipes. Paleo-proof and foodgasm-guaranteed. The Green Tribe Studio, saw, ate and surrendered.
RED BEETS & TUNA
“Red beets with tuna are perfect for the quick healthy fix. The ingredients are easy to stock. This way you’re always prepared to fix yourself an energy booster during a mid-day slump.”
- ½ pack of pre-cooked beets (250 g)
- little can of tuna in olive oil (60-80 g), or half a bigger can (pay attention to the MSC certification which indicates the fish was caught in a sustainable way)
- salt (preferably Himalaya or Keltic salt) and pepper
- (+) some pumpkin seeds for more ‘bite’
Chop the red beets in small blocks. Mix the beets with the tuna in a bowl and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the pumpkin seeds.
AVOCADO & EGGS
“Two ingredients every healthy foodie has in its fridge. So easy!”
- ½ avocado
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper (to season)
Boil the eggs approximately 5-6 minutes (soft). Mash the avocado with the eggs. Softer eggs make the mash more creamy. For a ‘harder’ consistence, boil the eggs longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Extra Tip: Cut some raw veggies (cucumber, selery, radish) and use the avocado-egg mix as dip.
BROWNIE OF NUTS & DATES
“This one is especially for the chocolate addict and sweet tooth! Because of the nuts and dates this ‘brownie’ is pretty dense and will definitely satisfy your hunger.”
- 150 g mixed nuts (e.g. unsalted & untoasted walnuts, almonds, brasil nuts)
- 45 g grated coconut (+ some extra for decoration)
- 150 g pitted dates
- 40 g raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- sprinkle of water (as much as needed but don’t make the mixture to thick!)
- content of 1 vanilla stick (optional)
Mix all ingredients with a food processor. Press the mixture in a squared tray. Leave 30 minutes in the fridge to harden. Cut in little pieces.
Photo Credit © Shutterstock
I’ve made those brownies once for my bf (lactose and gluten intolerance makes you inventive) and they’re super awesome! Incredibly yummy and a slightly smaller feeling of guilt afterwards :).