How To Create A Green Tea Glow
Staying hydrated during summer can be quite challenging. Dehydration is mainly triggered by hot weather, dry wind and sweating. The best way to keep your body hydrated is by drinking plenty of water.
Green tea is an excellent beverage that comes with a host of health benefits.
It not only hydrates your body but also offers it protection against pathogens like viruses and bacteria.
It is a powerful weapon for a healthy and glowing skin and hair. You can reap the health benefits of green tea by consuming it orally or through the topical application using masks.
Here are some health benefits of green tea for your skin and tips on how to use it.
1. RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS
Green tea’s antioxidant property makes it ideal for protecting the skin against free radicals, which are the byproducts of the body that cause damage to cells and tissues, says Hasan Mukhtar, PhD, professor and director of research at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
Antioxidants in green tea bind the free radicals making them inactive before they can cause any harm. Topical application or drinking green tea can provide these protective qualities to your skin.
2. FIGHTS ACNE
If your skin is prone to acne and other breakouts, a green tea treatment could be all you should think of.
- Take a green tea bag in a basin and add hot water.
- Give it adequate time to brew and remove the green tea bag once the water cools.
- Apply the brewed tea to your skin.
- Allow it to settle for 15 minutes before rinsing with plain water.
- Pat your skin dry and apply a moisturizer.
Do this every day to treat acne and other skin breakouts.
3. SHRINKS PORES
People with oily skin types usually have large or open pores. Large pores are among the first symptoms of premature aging. The good news is that green tea can actually help to shrink large pores especially if you have oily skin.
- Put two green tea bags in a cup of boiling water and let it brew.
- Remove the bags after it is completely fermented and the water cools.
- Add a few drops of green tea oil and lavender oil.
- Put the mixture in a freezer to make ice cubes.
- Gently rub the ice cubes on your skin in a circular motion.
This excellent and efficient treatment shrinks pores to hinder overproduction of oils and prevent acne. Other than keeping the mixture in an ice tray, you can also store it in a spray bottle.
4. FACE SCRUB
Green tea has anti-aging properties that are beneficial to the health of your skin.
- Use two green tea bags and put them in a basin containing hot water to brew.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of sugar after the water has cooled down.
- Gently massage it on your face in a circular motion.
This makes a very effective scrub for your skin. It helps to exfoliate your skin by eliminating dead cells, oils, and other impurities. Do this once or twice every week for a smooth and radiant skin.
5. RADIANT SKIN
A green tea face mask is an effective way to lighten your complexion and reduce pimples.
- Take a used tea bag and break it open to pouring the leaves into a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk powder, 2 tablespoons of gram flour and a pinch of turmeric.
- Using rose water, thoroughly mix these ingredients until you get a consistent paste.
- Apply this paste on your skin and let it dry for 15 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
This ideal homemade facemask diminishes pigmentation, dark spots, and other blemishes when used regularly on your skin.
If drinking green tea as a beverage is a part of your regular routine, it’s time you come in terms with how beneficial it can be for your skin. As you can see, benefits for healthy skin from green tea can be reaped when taken orally but also when used topically.
With these simple and regular routines you can get that healthy glowing skin you always wanted from just green tea!
Photo Credit © Shutterstock