It’s here. The Crazy Good Christmas Menu. No need to worry any more about what you will cook for Christmas. We’ve got tongue-teasing combinations, festive and full of of bold flavours.
The Dessert: Wild Berry Chocolate Cake
My wild berry chocolate cake is lush, sweet and full of zest. The perfect happy ending to your Christmas diner. And the best thing besides its divine taste? It’s made without any flour, sugar or butter!
- 300g almond flour
- 600g fresh dates, pitted
- 125g dark chocolate (85% or more), melted
- 8 eggs
- 1 orange, juice & zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / ground
- 3.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- frozen berries of choice
- Preheat oven to 175ºC
- Add the almond flour and dates into a food processor and pulse until mixed well.
- Put the mixture into a big bowl and stir the eggs, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, cacao powder, melted dark chocolate and coconut oil with a large spoon to combine.
- Place the mixture in a greased 22 cm springform and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool off and serve with berries.
There are more Christmas recipes where that came from! You can have a look at another delicious Christmas dessert: the Coconut Panna Cotta With Persimmon. Hand over heart you are going to love the rich flavours of my Punchy Pistachio Butternut Roast as a main. I was blown away myself if I may say so ;).
Did you make the Wild Berry Chocolate Cake? Share it on Insta or Twitter using the #CrazyGoodChristmas hashtag! :) I am looking forward to see your creations!
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!